Preparing a wedding blog submission can be cumbersome. But, with the right search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, you can increase your chances of being published on wedding blogs. You will also enjoy the added benefit of additional exposure. Here are 3 simple ways to make your wedding blog submission SEO-friendly:
First and foremost: Do a keyword search
Knowing and understanding how clients find your wedding business through Google is crucial to a strong SEO strategy. This is also a great opportunity to pen a wedding blog using keywords that you would like to rank under.
Secondly, make your wedding blog readable
The easier it is for Google to “read” your wedding blog submission, the better.
- Use your keyword(s). Keep in mind that you can use a keyword too much-use synonyms and related keywords for balance. For example, one might switch the term “wedding blog” with “wedding article”.
- Use transition words that signal an organized post.
- Use short sentences.
Finally, be sure that the length of your post fits your goals
Many people engaged with wedding blogs like a more detailed Pinterest post. They will gain most of their inspiration from the photos. However, everyone loves a good love story. Give the people what they want.
When reviewing a submission, we like to feel like we missed out by not being invited when we read a submission; however, we’ll settle for living vicariously through your submission. Be sure your narrative tells a story and honors the couple.
- 400-600 words This length is good for social shares and engagement. However, they may be too short to drive website traffic or affect SEO. They are uniquely optimal for real wedding and styled shoot submissions.
- 600-1,000 words: These are ideal for educational posts. This length is great for including influencers, reference links and building SEO slowly.
- 1,000-1,500 words: This length is considered a powerful tool to drive organic website traffic through link building, partnerships and calls to action.
- 1,500-2,500 words: Search engines love longer posts! If you are looking to gain organic search traffic, include a lot of valuable reference links to influencers, educate your audience and include downloadable content. (source: https://www.bramework.com/ideal-blog-post-length/)
In summary, anything that will be connected to your company on the internet should follow your SEO strategy. This enhances your brand’s voice and assures that you continue to rank under specific terms.
Ready to put your knowledge to use? Submit your best content to The Colorado Wedding Magazine.