Emily Elizabeth Photography
Vendor Feature

Meet Emily Elizabeth Bolton of Emily Elizabeth Photography

When and why did you pursue photography?

Photography was always a hobby of mine, documenting everyday life and having fun (but cringey) photoshoots with my friends was just something I had always enjoyed doing ever since elementary school. I never realized photography could be an actual career path for me until I got married myself and began connecting with photographers to capture our own special day! I started as a hobby business in 2020 as a way to express my creativity. During this time, I worked full time as an overnight mental health worker and would do photo sessions during the day. I was very pleasantly surprised to see my business grow from a hobby to a full time career! Since quitting my job and focusing my full attention towards my business in summer of 2021, I have never looked back! 

Why should couples consider engagement sessions?

Engagement sessions are included in both of the wedding packages that I offer because it is so important to not only capture this season of your lives as an engaged couple, but to also grow in your comfortability with me and get some practice with being in front of the camera before your big day! They also allow the photographer to have a window into your relationship to see how you interact with each other, so that we can figure out the best way to capture your wedding day in a way that is authentic and genuine to your true selves. Engagement sessions should be fun and comfortable! Even if you or your S.O. starts the session feeling nervous, my goal is for you to walk away from the whole thing feeling like you just made a friend + had a fun date night.

What sets you apart from other photographers?

I value diversity + inclusivity of all people and prioritize the importance of highlighting individuality! I recognize that each couple has their own unique stories + personalities. I will never try to fit you into a “box” to fit my brand nor pose you in a way that does not feel authentic to yourselves. My job is to captivate your relationship that is true to YOU and capture the essence of what makes your relationship special. I try to take a story-telling, documentary stance when approaching your day, so that when you look back on your photos, you are able to get a sense of nostalgia and remember the emotions of those moments in a way that is authentic to you. 

Contact Emily:

Instagram: emilyelizabeth__photography

E-mail: EMILYELIZABETHPHOTOGRAPHY@GMAIL.COM