Addressing Your Wedding Invitations
Instructions for addressing your wedding invitations:
- The invitations should be addressed by hand using black or blue ink (some use the theme color of the wedding).
- Common titles such as Mr., Mrs., and Ms. can be abbreviated.
- Formal titles such as Doctor, Reverend and Captain should be written.
- If you are sending an invitation to a teenager, be sure to put a title before their name (Miss, Mr.).
- If you are sending an invitation to a guest and their children, do not put the children’s names on the outer envelope. Address it to the parents and include the children’s names on the inner envelope. Their name should be listed below the parents’ names on the inner envelope.
- Be sure to also include the street address and zip codes on the outer envelope. The street name and state should be spelled out.